Follow our family's journey as we seek to nourish our souls with music and literature, good company, great cooking, time spent in nature, and always, the love of Christ especially through the sacraments of His Church.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"A Wealth of Children"

I recently read this phrase, regarding a certain culture's attitude toward large families. It's unfortunate that we don't often encounter that sentiment in mainstream American life. How many people in our current culture actually think "wealth" when hearing of a family with 4, 6, 8 or even more children? Such a beautiful way to think! I am filing it away in the back of my mind for future reference. It's delightful to be reminded that children are more truly "wealth" than any of our material goods.

2 comments:

  1. so true! We have 4- and people are shocked- we were walking together today and no kids were around (there was a couple with their dogs in a stroller...but that's it)...I'm just glad to be blessed in this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I once heard someone say the best we can give our children is siblings. Not only are we wealthy, we share our wealth with our children. I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. Please stop by and return the favor.

    ReplyDelete