Follow our family's journey as we seek to nourish our souls with music and literature, good company, great cooking, time spent in nature, and always, the love of Christ especially through the sacraments of His Church.

Monday, May 10, 2010

A saint I can relate to...


I put this on my sidebar but it's too small to see any detail. I'm posting it here in case, like me, you want to get a closer look. This came from Leonie's blog, which says it is St. Margaret of Scotland. Unfortunately I have no idea what the original source might be. In any case, other than the crown (and halo!) it looks like we have a lot in common!

St. Margaret was an English princess who fled England, married the Scottish king Malcolm, and raised 6 sons and 2 daughters while inspiring her people with her virtue and generosity. Read a brief biography here.

Edited to add: I'm really not trying to compare myself to a saint, ha! Just saying it's nice to see one looking so domestic!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I don't think those are her children in that picture, they look like they are wearing rags. Pretty awesome that she can raise 8 children and have time to feed the poor children as well. Very nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm guessing she might have had some hired help? Being a queen and all!

    ReplyDelete