Follow our family's journey as we seek to nourish our souls with music and literature, good company, great cooking, time spent in nature, and always, the love of Christ especially through the sacraments of His Church.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

Thoughts in no particular order:

I got a strange and unfamiliar burst of energy, creativity and optimism yesterday. I have been patiently waiting for this since, oh... Christmas or so. Maybe Thanksgiving? I'm jumping on it. No telling why it happened, or when or if it will ever happen again!

It's true what I've heard - in one day, it's not possible to cook from scratch, homeschool and keep the house clean. Two out of three is great. If you do happen to get all three accomplished, please don't tell me about it!

There is nothing better than a sleepy "baby" crawling up in your lap and falling asleep. It hurts my heart to think this might be my last go-round. She is so, so big already.

Yesterday was a good day because we kept the TV off almost all day. Then I assigned some EWTN kids shows and a science show as "school". Ahhh. I am a genius.

I've decided the school/activity/play room is my office. I will be checking in after breakfast and making it my base until before dinner time. If I am busy in there, everyone else wants to be in there too. I am a genius, again.

We made this chicken recipe last night - fast, easy and completely delish. I couldn't use all that butter but it says you can use chicken broth. I didn't have any, so I just made less sauce. Did I say it was wonderful?? I was a rock star (and a genius).

We are getting a nice snow storm today! I'm looking forward to getting the kids outside this afternoon. It might mess up my office hours (see above). Oh well. Snow Day!!!! Jeff got around it nicely last night and will sleep through it all day. Hopefully the roads will be cleaned up some before he has to drive back tonight.

Sweet hubby texted me a link to a Chicago mail-order pierogi store. He has a lot of nerve to send me that in the wee hours when I am starving. Drooling...

Well, that's my Wednesday morning! Hope it's a good day where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment