Follow our family's journey as we seek to nourish our souls with music and literature, good company, great cooking, time spent in nature, and always, the love of Christ especially through the sacraments of His Church.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fruits of Summer

What we're enjoying here:

FRUIT  SALAD

The combination changes, depending on whether we have a watermelon, or if Grandma brought us a flat of strawberries one day. (Thank you!!)

We're making the most of the season! Berries have been plentiful, inexpensive and really good. Peaches are on the agenda soon.

A fabulous, summery salad we've been making is baby field greens, raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries, with a handful of chopped pecans and some excellent raspberry vinaigrette. Swoon! I like this kind because the tartness of the red wine is a nice foil for the sweetness of the berries:


Sorry I can't show you the salad - we ate it all!

What special summer dishes are on the menu at your house?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn! I just found your blog. If you check out my blog, you can probably figure out who I am. It's good to see what you're up to. I'll definitely be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always love lots of watermelon and corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through "Christine's" blog. I love Marzetti dressing: thanks for a new recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I loved seeing what your going to say!

    Donna Jenks-Brown

    ReplyDelete