Follow our family's journey as we seek to nourish our souls with music and literature, good company, great cooking, time spent in nature, and always, the love of Christ especially through the sacraments of His Church.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Things I love...

What warms your heart and puts a smile on your face? I have been keeping a list of my own favorite things as I think of them. Maybe I'm going all Sound of Music, but they really do make me remember what I love about life! 



Coffee
Kitchen shears
Rain-wet pine trees
Flannel sheets
Lilacs
Fireworks
Basil
Teacups
Scented candles
Herb gardens
Porch swings
Garden tubs
Family prayers
Coffee
Chubby baby arms
A new book
Willow trees 
Farm stands
Handwritten letters
Wood-burning fireplaces
Waterfronts
More coffee
Afghans
Craft stores
Front doors
Wind chimes
Hot tea
Sunny windows
Rainy days
Fruit salad
Kids reading books


Did I say coffee??!

I'm feeling great already!

I will add to the list if I think of more. Make your own list, or share some of your favorites here!



photo credit

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,

    It's me again. Just wanted to say that I love the picture of the bread loaf and the grapes on your header -- perfect for your blog title, which I also think is wonderful, since that's our vocation as home-educating moms - to feed the souls of each member of our family!

    I was able to take a quick look around your blog, and I just want to let you know that I am so happy to *meet* another Catholic mom, who is interested in unschooling! I haven't had a chance to read your unschooling post yet, but it sounds wonderful! Will do so when I have more time.

    In the meantime, you had asked about the images on my blog. I'm glad you like them! Thanks for your kind words! I really appreciate it. I'm such a visual person that I spend time looking for neat images to add to my blog. Here are the websites that I really like:

    1. I got my background here - http://templatesbytenille.blogspot.com/2009/03/click-here-for-html-code-and_6747.html

    2. http://www.shabbyblogs.com/backgrounds.html

    3. http://ilovemyblogmakeover.com/

    4. http://beautifulblogdesigns.blogspot.com/

    (I've also gotten some buttons & blinkies from the websites above.)

    5. I get all my copyright-free images from - http://photobucket.com/ They have great pictures for the most part - even beautiful Catholic images. But I have to caution you that sprinkled among them are some offensive pics. So I don't let my kids use the website. As for myself, I'm already prepared - so that when I encounter an offensive image, I quickly avert my eyes.

    Unfortunately, I've been blogging for only a month, as I've mentioned, so I don't know of a better site with no offensive pics that is just as easy to use. If you do, please let me know!

    Enjoy!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last but not least, I enjoyed reading your list of favorite things. I, too, love coffee - specifically, bottled Starbucks Frappuccino, which we buy at Costco. Unfortunately, it's so addicting!

    Here is my own list of things that make me remember what I love about life. Thanks for the idea. It's fun making lists like this!

    Books
    Read-alouds
    Cuddles
    Eggs & bacon
    cheese-filled little pretzels
    floral tablecloths
    sweet oranges
    mango juice
    hugs
    words of affirmation
    big windows
    tulips
    pretty wrapping paper
    bows
    Victorian Dances
    Inspiring homilies
    beautiful hymns
    great spiritual readings
    savoring Holy Communion on my tongue
    Benediction
    Autumn leaves
    blue skies
    floral wreaths
    pretty dresses
    asparagus
    freshly-baked bread
    scarves
    cool breeze
    notebooks
    kids' art work
    words of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww shoot, I left out Frappuccinos... I guess that's covered under coffee though :) Nice list - you should blog it! I think I know your love languages now, LOL Thanks for visiting! And thanks for the links. God bless.

    ReplyDelete